The main church of the Municipality is dedicated to Martyr Saint Minas the Egyptian. The construction of the church started in the beginning of the 20th century, more specifically in November 1916 during the reign of Archbishop Kyrillos the 3rd, and it was accomplished in 1953 due to financial obstacles. On 13th September 1953 the church was inaugurated by Archbishop Makarios the 3rd. Possibly, but without confirmation, the church was dedicated to Saint Minas because in the past there had been a shrine and a vigil candle at this place.
Internally, the church is adorned with a "wood-carved iconostasis, work of the pioneer craftsman of ecclesiastical fretworks Chrysanthos Taliadoros from Omorphita". The icons of the iconostasis follow a western style and are the works of the well known painter Panaretos Kasoulides from Lefkosia.
Worshipers mention that "the important milestones during the short history of the Church" are the following; in 1992, the Church was expanded towards the west, the floor was replaced and new chandeliers and stalls were installed. A new belfry was also built in the same year. In 1998, the churchyard was renovated. In 2006-2007, extensive maintenance and repair works took place at the church as well as installation of an air-conditioning system.
The Church of Saint Minas celebrates on November 11th.
Church of Saint Charalambos
Church of Saint Minas